Here are some steps you can take as a consumer when faced with counterfeit products and unauthorized retailers. Buy only authentic Bidi Vapor products, learn more about counterfeit products, and get an idea of how you can help fight this growing menace.
Consumers buy counterfeit products mainly because it’s cheaper. These bargain hunters, unfortunately, throw caution to the wind and put themselves at even greater risks than they realize.
Some consumers may have become victims of these fake products. Either it’s by accident or because the counterfeit products look closely similar to the real deal.
What options do consumers have when faced with these circumstances?
What to Do When You Bought A Fake Item
First, you have to realize that you can avoid being a victim of fake products. As long as you are careful and alert in scrutinizing the items before any purchase, you can be safe.
Before you even reach a situation where you have to seek out legal counsel, practice caution first. This should be the primary defense against counterfeit goods.
Let’s say you did due diligence but still got victimized by savvy illegal retailers. What course of action can you take?
Your first step is to report these unauthorized sellers to the manufacturers and authorities. There are numerous agencies that govern consumer protection. If you know of any illegal activities, you should report it immediately.
Here is a list of federal agencies that take on and investigate reports of illegal retail, manufacturing, or distribution:
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- The Food and Drug Administration
- The Office of Intellectual Property Rights
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
You should never take on criminal activities on your own. Always get in touch and let the authorities know instead. If the need arises, you can also take legal action and file a lawsuit against illegal retailers, which may take a bit of time to resolve.
Nevertheless, reporting it to the authorities can make these unauthorized retailers accountable for their crimes. You can also protect other consumers from becoming a victim too.
What Steps Bidi Vapor Has Taken to Protect Consumers
Counterfeiters do not exempt BIDI® Sticks in their illegal business. Many consumers have complained about purchasing low-quality and far-from-expectation BIDI® Sticks. They bought these malfunctioning products from unauthorized and unregulated sellers.
In cases like these, it certainly stands true that a good offense is the best defense. Bidi Vapor, the manufacturer of BIDI® Stick, realized how hard it is for consumers to navigate this minefield. Thus, the company has taken the necessary measures to combat the growing threat of counterfeit BIDI® Sticks in the market today.
- Bidi Vapor has placed anti-counterfeit stickers on the newly redesigned BIDI® Stick packaging to ensure consumer safety and satisfaction. Consumers can check the authenticity of their purchase through the sticker. For more information about the company’s campaign, you can check www.bidivapor.com/authenticate-your-bidi.
- Bidi Vapor has been releasing warning advisories and videos to educate their consumers about fake BIDI® Sticks, how to combat the issue of fake products, and how to report counterfeits.
- The company has sent cease and desist letters to unauthorized sellers of BIDI® Sticks and has taken legal actions against these counterfeiters.
- Bidi Vapor never fails to remind consumers that currently, there is only one authorized dealer of the BIDI® Stick online— www.goPuff.com.
Reporting Fake Products
Do you know anyone who is a victim of a fake BIDI® Stick or know of an unauthorized retailer? Bidi Vapor encourages everyone to report counterfeit products and illegal activities immediately.
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Just make sure to attach photos of the product and include the name of the store where you bought it. You can also call through our toll-free hotline at 1-833-367-2434.